Saturday, March 25, 2017

My favorite breakfast - ACAI BOWL

Good Morning,
I am so happy its Saturday. The weather is perfect today. Lots of sunshine but a bit chilly. I love Saturdays during Spring and Summer time - farmers market, hiking, biking in the morning, being in parks, etc. Today's post will be about what I eat for breakfast every day. This year I am focusing on fueling my body with healthy foods especially in the morning. I need to have energy for work and to get my day started. If I eat a donut, cereal, waffle - I get hungry a few hours later and it just makes me bloated. I am trying to avoid grains because every time I eat rice, bread, or pasta I get bloated and tired.

My favorite breakfast this year that I started making is acai bowls. They are so good and versatile. There are so many different combinations and they are filling and so healthy.

Here is a recipe that is one of my favorites.

1 banana
1 cup frozen berries (my favorite is raspberries)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp acai powder (I use the sunfood acai powder)
1/4 cup walnuts

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender and pour in a bowl. Top it off with toppings (walnuts, almonds, pecans, unsweetened shredded coconut, sliced fruit).

This breakfast is so filling and it lasts me about lunch time. There is about 400 calories with enough carbs, fat, and protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment