Thursday, March 9, 2017

Minimalist Kitchen

I spent most of my time in the kitchen. I love to cook and its one of those things that help with stress. Its nice to create something new and its therapeutic. I like my kitchen to be very clean and decluttered. I don't like to keep a lot of appliances out - the only thing that is on my countertop is my blender and my Keurig. I use my blender everyday since I drink a smoothie or make an acai bowl for breakfast. All of my cabinets are organized by category - one would be dishes, another appliances, utensils, and miscellaneous items. Here are the steps for minimalist kitchen.

1. Go through all your dishes and make sure you keep the ones you need and get rid of any that are matching. I like white dishes so most of my stuff is white.

2. Mugs - I only own two but I know some people that own like 15 mugs. I don't think you need 15 mugs. Keep a minimum and donate the rest

3. Appliances - I don't have a lot of appliances. Only keep what you use daily. If you haven't used it in a year, get rid of it.

4. Organize your pantry - go through and see what is expired and what you need to get rid of. Organize it in categories - spices, baking goods, etc.

5. Clean out your fridge - I clean mine weekly and get rid of stuff that I haven't got a chance to eat and it went bad. I try to only buy food that I am going to eat for that week. I don't like wasting food.

Having a clean kitchen makes cooking easier. After you cook, make sure to wash your dishes and clean everything around you so the next time you want to cook, its already clean.

Here are some of my favorite minimalist kitchen decor:)

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment