Friday, March 24, 2017

$40 dollars a week on Groceries

Hi there,
Happy Friday. Its finally Spring except with all of the rain that Boise is starting to get, I can't seem to go outside and do my workouts. I rather exercise outside than inside - fresh air and vitamin D. Today's post will be about grocery shopping. I do my grocery shopping on Sundays for the week. I buy the basics at the beginning of the month - almonds, walnuts, shredded unsweetened coconut, acai powder, etc. I spend about $40 for my basics that usually last for a month or sometimes longer. The way I save money is I make a list and plan my meals for the week. Here is a typical grocery list (this is for one person). I usually go to more one grocery store - either Trader Joe's, Fred Meyer, and Natural Grocers.

Breakfast - smoothies, acai bowls - $10 for the whole week
Bananas - $1.79
Frozen fruit - $5.00 - its usually a bag of raspberries, peaches, or blackberries
Almond Milk - $2.99

Lunch - $10
Bag of sweet potatoes - $3.99 at Trader Joe's
Guacamole packs - $3.99
Tuna - $1.99 - I get one can of tuna so I can have it with a salad in case I don't want to eat sweet potatoes

Dinner - $20
Salmon - $8.99 - two packs of frozen wild caught salmon
Organic Eggs - $4.99
Frozen veggies - $4 - mixture of different veggies
Spinach - $1.99 - I alternate between spinach and kale

Best tip is to do grocery shopping at the beginning of the week and plan all of your meals. Buy only what you will eat. This will save you tons of money and make you healthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment